Thinking about taking on the SAP Preconfigured All-in-One ERP Software Application? Then read on. This SAP ERP selection guide will help work through your ERP software selection process. The implementation of any ERP Software system will impact every department in your company so it’s a good idea to take some time being thorough in your due diligence process to minimize your risks and maximize your benefits. This guide is based on 18 years of years of SAP experience with SAP pre-sales and project implementation.
If you are considering an SAP ERP Software system and would prefer to do a little leg work on your own before reaching out to sales reps and getting bombarded with sales calls, this SAP ERP guide is a good place to start and will help you to develop and support your evaluation process as well as contribute to a successful ERP implementation.
• Evaluate, review, and develop the scope of an SAP ERP system that may be a fit with your company
• Map out a scope that would use a predefined industry solution
• Obtain a common understanding of the pros and cons of standard and rapid predefined implementations.
• Form a good base for a fixed price and project scope
By setting the expectations early in the process with your SAP Software selection as well as the implementation life cycle is critical to a successful outcome. You should develop a predefined scope agreed upon by your management. team. Managing expectations is the key to success.
The evaluation cycle details the activities required for a successful evaluation of the selection process. It goes into detail of qualify the ERP application and how to utilize the existing SAP Best Practices an incorporate them in your presentations. Review the SAP Solution Composer, it is full of powerful information and is an incredible resource that will benefit you greatly.
SAP Solution Composer and Business Maps
The SAP business processes that integrates the customers, suppliers, and partners are the key to your success. However, evaluating, visualizing, and communicating these processes can lead to confusion and present a lot of challenges. The Solution Composer is an great tool for mapping out, defining, documenting, and communicating your business process requirements. The Solution Composer has over fifty Solution Maps and over three hundred 300 templates for Business Scenario Mapping.
This offline tool supports the development of Solution Maps and Business Scenario Maps by offering the functionality that enables you to:
• Adjust and develop Solution Maps and Business Scenario Maps
• Detail business objectives, products, key performance indicators (KPIs) definitions, user-defined properties, and attached documents to Solution Maps
• Assign role information, business documents, and other attached documents to the Business Scenario Maps
• Integrate the elements of the Solution Maps and Business Scenario Maps to produce your own in-house and inter-enterprise solution
• Export the Solution Maps and Business Scenario Maps PowerPoint slides or HTML
The Solution Composer makes it simple to build and change pre delivered content included in Solution Maps and Business Scenario Maps. It’s also an ideal tool for planning the implementation project, and for defining, documenting, and communicating your business solution requirements.
SAP offers this powerful tool for free. For more information about the SAP Solution Composer and its features, you should to directly to their website and review the Quick Overview and the Quick Guide before you get started.
Download Solution Composer at http://www.sap.com/solutions/businessmaps/composer/index.epx