A renowned tailoring establishment in Switzerland offer high quality suits and shirts made using the finest materials sourced mainly from Savile Row.
Web Shop for renowned Tailoring establishment The Client:
A renowned tailoring establishment in Switzerland offer high quality suits and shirts made using the finest materials sourced mainly from Savile Row. Business Challenge: Create a web shop for the website They wanted to expand their business by furthering the use of their website as a web shop. The aim was to try to webify the entire offline process of buying from a bespoke tailor. The main challenges towards this were:
• Create an online measuring system that could replicate the work of a tailor and provide all the accuracies expected in the manual process.
• To give clients the option to choose fabrics depending on pattern, texture, and colour.
• To give the client the option to customise the shirts depending on various styles of Cut, Collar, Cuffs and Pocket location.
• Cross selling various accessories to compliment the suits and shirts
• Also managing and maintaining the site should be simple enough so that even staff with no technical knowledge can do so
They had first approached a popular ERP provider to create their website. After the success of the website, they were confident in provider’s abilities to cater to their requirements for a web shop. Due to the highly specific software requirements for this project, the entire system was built from ground up. The developers spent substantial time and effort in understanding the made to order business requirements and the various processes involved in the same. The team proposed to use J2EE, an open standard technology to give the client the flexibility in integrating with other applications, as and when required thus future proofing the system.
The Final Result Along with providing information about the firm, and showcasing their new offerings, the website doubles up as a web shop. Customers can choose different types of fabric patterns, textures, and colours, along with customising their cuffs, collars etc. Also now customers can specify their complete measurements online through the virtual interactive ‘measuring room’. Benefits
• The website has enhanced the branding of the firm.
• Through their web shop, they can now reach new customers across Europe
• Web shop is a virtual store front & sales representatives rolled in to one that is open 24/7.
• Reduces costs of hiring sales representatives and investing in retail outlets
• Increased customer satisfaction as their customers can now order shirts online at their own convenience.