If one were to do a Microsoft Dynamics GP review he would find that this enterprise software was once known as Microsoft Business Solutions–Great Plains. But though the name has been changed, this is still a fully featured enterprise software system that provides solutions for manufacturing, supply chain management and financial applications. This is a software system that is designed to work with other Microsoft products. It’s a totally integrated platform that is user friendly, seamless and automated. It is also easy to work with and provides the type of familiarity that users of Microsoft products are used to. This is of course an enterprise system and it will provide effective connections throughout the business.
A Microsoft Dynamics GP Review
Microsoft’s products are integrated in such a way as to give a business full access to the applications it needs and the convenience of integrating certain other of its software, as needed or requested. The software offers tools for reporting of activities as well as for making analysis and business projections. A business can combine Microsoft Dynamics GP with Microsoft Dynamics CRM for a fully-fledged customer relationship management platform that increases its reach and provides broad customer relations connectivity. Microsoft Dynamics GP comes in two editions, Business Essentials and Advanced Management.
Microsoft Dynamics GP Business Essentials is a streamlined version of the software, which offers quick, easy, installation, rapid adoption for users and lower costs. The Business Essentials edition covers accounting and financials, and additional features that make for easy integration of financials and business management administration. Microsoft Dynamics GP Advanced Management is a more fully featured solution for business management. It’s designed for industry-specific requirements and draws information and data from throughout the enterprise and beyond. A Microsoft Dynamics GP review will tell you that the Advanced Management edition provides an extensive set of tools and much more functionality. It also incorporates everything found in the Business Essentials edition, along with advanced cash and collections management, advanced business intelligence, manufacturing, requisition management, bills of material CRM, and more.
Here are some of the application modules included in the Microsoft Dynamics GP package.
· Advanced Distribution - Powers supply chain management over all distribution channels.
· Analytical Accounting - Handles financial management data; flexibility in report making; real-time analyzing of financial data and transactions information.
· Analytics and Reporting - A system for reporting and analysis of individual units within the business, as well as enterprise wide reports on the whole company.
· Demand Planner - Forecasts and processes for improving supply chain management.
· Financial Management - General Ledger - Tracks all transactions and disbursements; provides accounting analysis.
· Human Resource Management - Streamlines the whole HR process, including employee access for viewing personal information; integration with payroll data.
· Project Time and Expense - Provides a mechanism for project managers to more effectively monitor project time and expense data online; capturing and reviewing customer invoicing data and assuring accuracy of information and data.
· Manufacturing - Order Processing - For tracking production costs, monitoring and managing work orders; managing routing and outsourcing.
There’s more to this flexible software package; things like eBanking, electronic document delivery, inventory management, fixed asset management, job costing, and much more. You’ll find out about it all in a more detailed Microsoft Dynamics GP review.